Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: ESPN Bracketology

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ESPN Bracketology

    new bracketology has VT, UVa and UT as 5 seeds...but look at those 12 seeds, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Illinois and VCU...that's some TOUGH 12 seeds

    Maryland is a 4 seed playing Davidson...i believe whoever gets Davidson is primed for a major upset and will be going home early...be it Maryland, VT, Duke, UT, etc.
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    Lunardi is pretty accurate with who has for his 65 but hes usually sorta bad when it comes to the right seeds.

    How does VT handle the zone?

    Looks like UK could finally get some sweet revenge against UofA. When McClellan's knee went bad, UofA's season went with it. Id go with KyJelly in that one.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    I havent looked at it yet, but I think they should make a new rule concerning tourney seeding. You cannot be seeded higher for the national tourney, than you were your conference tourney. If your the 5 seed in your conference, I don't think you have much right of being a 3 seed in the national tourney. Just my 2 pennies.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    That makes sense. Id like to also see the polls have less of an effect on things. How Duke was ranked 14th with UVA, Maryland, VT, and BC all below them and Carolina 8th didnt make much sense at all. Thats just one example, there are alot more out there.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    I totally agree. Duke is a prime example this year. Packer and others saying they should be a 4 seed or so, heck they arent in the top 5 in the ACC tourney, why would they deserve to be in the top 4 seeds, or 16 teams overall in the tourney.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    What if a conference had a #1 and #3 nationally ranked teams (#1 and #2 in conference) and the #3 seed won the conference tourney?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    I would seed them however they deserved. Just because a 3 seed wins their conference tourney doesnt mean they deserve a 1 or a 2 seed in the national tourney. There was a reason they were the 3 seed and not the 1 or 2 seed to begin with. Its not like it is a huge difference between being a 1,2, or 3 seed. Sometimes a 4 seed has it a little tough. I think it the toughest seeds truly are the 5-12 range as far as having a difficult road throughout the whole tourney.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    I dont like the idea of a team losing their seed based upon a player getting hurt either, i.e. Kenyon Martin with Cincy. Thats so unfair, its a team game, treat it like it is.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ESPN Bracketology

    Well, you will never be able to cure that unless they let computers rank the teams, and then use those computer rankings to seed the teams in the tourney. Unfortunately, that is the human element.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •